HBO Production Asset Coordinator
The Production Asset Coordinator has a production, technical and operational background. The Media Operations department processes a high volume of media asset requests from various internal HBO business units and clients. As HBO Studios continues to transition to more file-based workflows, this customer-facing position requires not only the ability to master new technologies and operating procedures but to guide customers through those changes as well.
- Monitor Media Operations Request Portal (MORPh) application for new orders. Take action as needed to ensure relevant jobs are fulfilled correctly. Procure physical materials needed from Media Library. Generate additional video and audio duplication work orders provided by a specified client base using the Media Pulse Application.
- Work closely with Fulfillment to assure proper labeling, packaging, and distribution of physical product.
- Coordinate the availability of source assets using a variety of physical/digital asset management systems. Obtain source product and other associated material and make sure it is returned to the Media Library. Create and deactivate Inventory ID’s as needed.
- Trigger file processing and deliveries as per Standard Operating Procedures. Forensically watermark and deliver files according to HBO Content Security Policy.
- Facilitate the creation, duplication and QC of pre and post-air BluRay’s and DVD’s
- Interact with MTO Managers to assure jobs are assigned to technical staff and completed in accordance with client specifications and deadlines
- Engage technical staff to assist and facilitate the efficient completion of work orders
- Accurately bill for all completed work as necessary
- Cross train with operations team members to assist in providing vacation coverage within the department, which may warrant overtime
- Proactively transition customers to digital workflows when advisable
- Train on and become skilled user of MORPh, ViP, Dalet and Cantemo Media Asset Management systems, Civolution file watermarking systems.
- Working knowledge of tape and file-based audio, video and data formats, specifications and conversion techniques
- General knowledge of the following systems/technologies: Asset Management (Avid Interplay, Dalet), Workflow Management, Forensic Watermarking, Closed Captioning, Video Encoding and Transcoding
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, high volume, deadline oriented atmosphere
- Must be a proactive, decisive and detail-oriented individual with a strong aptitude for adapting to new technologies and workflows
- Experience in a client relations/customer service environment
- Must be available for overtime on a regular and short notice basis to satisfy client requests that extend beyond your scheduled shift
- At least 2 years of experience in a tape or file based Media Fulfillment or similar production environment. Experience transitioning from tape to file-based workflows is a must.
- Must be an excellent communicator across all levels of management
- Must be able to work with others in a collaborative environment while maintaining a helpful, “can-do” attitude
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top