HBO Production Artist, Design (Freelance)
The Production Artist is responsible for working on various OOH print campaign rollouts. As part of HBO Design + Production, you will enjoy an engaging, fast-paced environment with opportunities to help deliver designs that stay true to the brand. Your experienced eye will be involved in altering existing artwork—color correcting, retouching, cropping and layout changes—as defined by the art director and business partners. You will also be expected to pick up miscellaneous design projects such brochures, evites and template ads.
Please be sure to include a link you your portfolio.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of grid use and hierarchy of information.
- Partner with art directors and collaborate with other team members to provide various design solutions for our business partners.
- Create electronic mechanicals on latest Mac software and platforms.
- Create and resize various elements (configuration) of creative marketing materials for digital and print.
- Prepare all necessary files for final release via FTP and/or e-mail to printers/service bureaus as well as online production.
- Be accountable in every area: adherence to project timelines, account team support and service, and collaboration among all team members.
- Exhibit ability to task shift, time manage and problem solve.
- Able to take direction from VP, Creative Director, Art Director, and all assigned stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of current technology and design trends in the visual communication industry.
- Properly archive projects when complete, based on instructions provided by team.
- College graphic design degree with 2-5 years’ design or agency experience
- Proficient in latest Mac software: Adobe CC, Acrobat, Image Ready and electronic troubleshooting methods
- Attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Good verbal/written communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great listening skills
- Eye for typography and color
- Clear understanding of meeting project deadlines
- Entertainment industry experience a plus
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top