HBO Media Manager
Serve as a key member of the Media Management team for HBO Sports – assisting with the ingestion and Meta-Data management of Sports content, and monitoring its usage on HBO’s in-house ISIS System. Directly supporting on-going projects in production with HBO Sports producers.
This position will collaborate with all HBO Sports programs assuring/developing optimal efficiency, work flow and accurate/detailed storage of original content and media that is captured on location for Boxing or any other HBO Sports show and ushering that content through all phases of production including mastering and archiving.
He or She will take a lead role in the ongoing preservation of HBO Sports file and tape-based legacy material. This will involve managing the various DAM, PAM and MAM systems utilized by HBO Sports and the wider HBO company.
He or She will on occasion go into the field to manage media and contribute to production support, as well as coordinate with other HBO Departments in sharing and distributing of related Sports content as needed.
- Responsible for Quality Control screening and supervision of transferred assets and files, the application of Meta-Data and archiving all HBO Sports content on the ISIS and other existing and future storage mediums.
- Service and support producers and editors by turning around footage captured in the field or received from vendors for use in a fast paced playback/ingest and asset management environment. Working with production to ensure Meta-Data needs, policies and best practices are ongoing to promote longterm efficiency and profitability covering all areas from ingestion to mastering.
- Function as a primary liaison between HBO’s Sports production staff, writer/producers and studio concerning all incoming field productions and media. Assist with and contribute to pre-production meetings to discuss and advise on camera usage, file capture, file transfer and file storage to ensure the post production process runs smoothly.
- Hands on management of all incoming media from the field and coordinating its ingestion and meta-data process through HSP Studios to various HBO production groups and systems – both inside HBO Sports and other areas of HBO as needed.
- Continue to develop efficiencies and improvements to the tapeless workflow, production process and archiving for all Sports content.
- Staying current with file based technologies as relates to cameras, encoding, transcoding, server storage, and computer networking, etc.
- Maintain a complete understanding of server asset management Avid, Mac/PC and peripheral connectivity.
- College Degree BA/BS with relevant degree in Communications / TV / Film, or equivalent work experience
- At least 1-3 years of work experience in Post Production / Field Production and/or Studio environments, with demonstrable, hands-on experience working with a Digital Asset System.
- In-depth knowledge and file management experience with Avid Media Composer, Avid Assist, Avid ISIS and Avid Interplay – content gathering, archival, retrieval and asset management within a server-based environment and centralized workflows.
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience of file-based multi-speed camera production, file transcoding and delivery systems required with emphasis on file-based asset management and distribution.
- Highly developed understanding of Meta-Data/Naming Conventions and its role in digital archiving and production.
- Must be able to work late nights, weekends, on location and on special projects as necessary.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top