HBO Media Asset Specialist
This position is a key player in the HBO Studio Media Management team and reports to the Manager of Digitizing and Media Management. The Media Asset Specialist is the “go-to” person for troubleshooting issues of media availability and is responsible for the archival and retrieval of content within HBO’s centralized editing environment. In addition, this role performs important maintenance activities related to storage and assists with Digitizing support as needed.
- Investigate and resolve media availability issues using Avid Interplay, Access, SGL/Flashnet and other tools. Effectively manage client expectations in regards to these issues.
- Service and support editors, technicians, and other clients who request partial and/or completed archived content for use in a fast paced playback/ingest environment.
- Work with Operations and Engineering to uphold departmental technical specifications and adapt to changing production processes.
- Execute Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for centralized edit/archival systems.
- Proactively monitor, archive and otherwise manage assets within Avid ISIS, SGL/Flashnet and LTO systems. Make recommendations and appropriate decisions for optimal system usage.
- Interact with digitizers, managers, production clients, and other members of the Media Operations team regarding the management of assets, projects and new workflows.
- Streamline existing workflows for the acquisition, storage, management, retrieval, and sharing of production assets using available hardware and software.
- Identify, document and communicate technical issues and discrepancies to Management and colleagues, escalating to Engineering as needed.
- Assess media-managed assets for quality.
- Update information about work orders and shifts.
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of technology and systems used by Fulfillment (Avid, ISIS, SGL/LTO, Content Agent, etc.).
- Stay current with file based technologies including cameras, encoding (including software), server storage, and computer networking, etc.
- Maintain a complete understanding and application of Avid, Mac/PC platforms and peripheral connectivity.
- Have a working knowledge of computer hardware and basic networking including but not limited to internal drives, memory, A/V cards and external storage.
- College Degree preferred.
- Seasoned user of Avid Interplay, Interplay Access and Media Composer in multi-res, dynamic relink ISIS environment. Highly-skilled at troubleshooting and resolving relink and other media availability issues.
- Strong working knowledge of asset movement, storage, sequencing, naming conventions, etc.
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, client-driven environment.
- Comfortable approaching new technologies and workflows.
- Excellent client services skills. Friendly can-do attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills. Must interact effectively with clients and management across all levels of the organization.
- Basic knowledge of digital video formats, transcoding and delivery methods.
- Solid understanding of video fundamentals including: sync, time code, standards, formats and frame rates. Experience with video, audio and sync routing a plus.
- Willingness to be flexible with scheduling on short notice and put in overtime as needed. This position may require night and weekend shifts.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top