HBO Marketing/Office Assistant - Home Entertainment (Fixed Term)
HBO Home Entertainment Marketing Assistant plays a valuable role in supporting the HBO Home Entertainment team in Canada. The ideal candidate will act as the Office Manager for the HBO office in Toronto, and will be responsible for all its administrative needs. In addition, the Marketing Assistant will help in several product management duties such as maintaining product release schedules, product set-ups and processing invoices.
- Performs administrative tasks including: expense reporting, travel bookings, promotional product orders, courier bookings, HBO ViP technical support and other general office management duties.
- Update and manage distribution of HBO release schedules, price lists, at-a-glance documents and other internal databases.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with key cross-divisional personnel and external partners.
- Work with coordinator to ensure titles are set up correctly and all teams have the latest information regarding product details, pricing, street dates, etc. via direct communication and on-going maintenance of internal documents and resources.
- Assist team in execution of publicity, retail and marketing activities.
- Bachelor’s degree an asset.
- 2+ years of related work experience in an administrative role preferably within entertainment or CPG.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office/Apple, especially Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote and SharePoint.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, flexibility and juggle a multitude of projects.
- Proactive. Ability to anticipate next steps, identify problems early and provide solutions.
- Team player. Must be able to collaborate well with internal and external partners.
- Passion and knowledge of the entertainment industry.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top