HBO Marketing Manager, Global Licensing
HBO is seeking a Marketing Manager to join the Global Licensing Division of HBO. The division oversees the extension of HBO's brands in the consumer products space. This individual will support all marketing aspects and will play a key role in the ongoing partnership with HBO's merchandise licensees. This position will manage the implementation of marketing and publicity tactics for HBO's licensing and retail business at both the trade and consumer level.
- Manage Licensing & Retail marketing efforts including
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with HBO's growing number of licensing partners
- Developing and reviewing creative materials (digital, print, video, social, and press etc)
- Taking the lead role in strategizing and executing events and promotions around new product launches and existing product catalogue.
- Work with internal publicists and external PR partners to manage consumer publicity initiatives around new product launches and support trade publicity plans.
- Work cross functionally with internal HBO marketing teams to identify and develop social media and online marketing campaigns to help promote licensed product.
- Review and coordinate internal and legal approvals on marketing and promotional materials from licensees and retail partners.
- Analyze and report on the performance of existing marketing programs and publicity coverage and evaluate new advertising opportunities
- 5-7 years relevant experience in a brand and/or consumer product marketing role
- Media and entertainment experience preferred
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong consumer marketing intuition
- Exceptional project and relationship management skills – extensive cross-functional collaboration with internal groups and with outside partners is requirp>
- Ability to multi-task and thrive on working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Proactive, highly-motivated and self-directed individual who is eager to learn and flexible
- Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint knowledge needed. Photoshop experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top