HBO Manager, Program Planning Operations
This role is responsible for Program Strategy & Planning operational reporting and collaboration tools including the reports repository and ad hoc reporting universe in Business Objects, the divisional SharePoint site and weekly digital portfolio publication.
- Collaborate with the BI team and Program Scheduling in operational reporting activities including the refinement of reports to address changing business needs, e.g. HBO Now, improving applications to integrate validations formerly identified in reports, generation of internal metrics, standardization of terminology across the company needed to support our non-linear businesses, e.g. program class and publication date management
- Prepare/review business requirements for operational reports and create/execute user acceptance test plans and training to ensure the department’s ability to support new and existing business initiatives
- Assist the Director, PPO, in aggregating and analyzing program, schedule and rights data to support the development and/or expansion of HBO and Cinemax offerings on various distribution platforms. Address anomalies detected during analysis and assess impact on Program Planning decision making for each project.
- Oversee the onboarding process for new documents added to the divisional SharePoint site and/or weekly digital portfolios, including SharePoint training for new document distributors
- Participate in inter-departmental collaboration services emphasizing transparency and decision support
- Curate and produce collaboration publications (e.g. weekly digital portfolios created and maintained using Adobe Acrobat Pro)
- Provide quality control for knowledge repository artifacts and access (e.g. divisional SharePoint site)
- Provide ongoing maintenance and on-site support for client stakeholders, including improvements to existing reports, workflows, and/or application
- BS/BA (Business, Information Technology, Data Science preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in the following:
- Database Reporting and Query Tools, including SQL, PL/SQL, Business Objects, TOAD, and Oracle Reports Builder; Oracle Reports Builder and/or Tableau a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite with high proficiency in Excel
- SharePoint access management and reporting
- Designing user acceptance test plans and training materials
- Creating and conducting/supervising user acceptance testing
- Adobe Acrobat Pro a plus
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top