HBO Manager, Program Marketing
Manage the development and execution of consumer advertising and promotion plans to drive brand image, awareness and tune-in for HBO Original Programming, including Series, Films, Documentaries, Comedies and Events.
- Supervise multiple external agencies in the development of creative advertising, media planning and high-impact promotions (e.g. guerilla/viral marketing, event sponsorships, etc).
- Write marketing strategy/creative briefs to establish program positioning and strategic direction. Develop marketing partnerships with media partners, retailers, organizations, and like-minded brands to drive viewership and broaden the reach of brand/program messaging.
- Serve as a liaison between all internal departments to ensure cohesive strategies and integrated campaigns.
- Manage the production process for all off-channel marketing materials (i.e. project timelines, technical specs, etc.).
- Effectively supervise a Coordinator and Assistant, providing direction, managing workflow and overseeing skill development.
- Manage and maintain a multi-million dollar annual media and production budget, ensuring effective and economical allocation of resources.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant and targeted experience, running high profile marketing campaigns, with proven ability to influence key stake holders. Brand marketing experience at an entertainment company or advertising/promotion agency is preferred.
- Outstanding creative judgment and familiarity developing advertising creative in all forms of media.
- An ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills.
- The ability to effectively manage multiple campaigns simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail while staying focused on the big picture.
- Strong working relationships within the advertising and media industry.
- Strong knowledge of the digital media space and new technology platforms (e.g. mobile, broadband, wireless, VOD) a must
- A passion for entertainment and popular culture.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Back to top