HBO Manager, Product Marketing (Based in Copenhagen, Denmark)
Please note this role is based in Copenhagen, Denmark
The Manager of Product Marketing, Home Entertainment is responsible for managing both the physical and digital business for HBO Nordics, Europe and Spain. The position works cross-functionally with internal groups and HBO departments (in US, UK and Europe) as well as the local WB team to manage overall HBO Home Entertainment business and is accountable for the management of total P/Ls for HBO Home Entertainment Nordic, Europe and Spain.
Key HBO Home Entertainment responsibilities includes Nordics (Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway) and Spain.
- In collaboration with the HBO Product Management in UK, WB Marketing and HBO Europe/Nordic colleagues develop HBO strategies for the HBO HE market and manage product lifecycle for HBO franchises with the goal of maximizing long-term revenue and profit. Determine release strategy (format, street date, packaging, pricing and discounts) as well as marketing, catalogue repackaging, reformatting and repricing plans.
- Develop marketing strategies and concepts for HBO products including retail and consumer targeted activities. Lead HBO Nordic specific marketing; oversee planning, budget and execution of consumer advertising to ensure it aligns with business objectives and addresses different formats.
- Manage P/Ls for all HBO products for both physical and digital, including spending, volume and pricing. Provide volume and expense inputs for annual WB and HBO budgeting.
- Manage the polling process, budgeting, marketing spend and planning for HBO titles.
- Plan and monitor PAP budgets for HBO titles within WB and separately for the digital marketing.
- Monitor release schedules for HBO titles.
- Monitor product performance and spending levels.
- Prepare marketing plans and sales presentations for HBO titles and present those to local management and sales department. Collaborate with Sales and US/International Product Management to identify and develop distribution and merchandising opportunities; develop creative for all retail programs and promotions.
- Prepare reports for local management and HBO head office.
- Close coordination with Technical department, Sales, Operations and Finance.
- In collaboration with Planning & Analysis, Sales and US/International Product Management teams, establish volume projections, budgets and marketing spend.
- Provide direction to HBO Ops to produce specific packaging and content (when necessary) and other product attributes (ie GWPs and premiums).
- Collaborate with HBO Brand and Social Marketing teams in NYC and HBO Product Management in UK to develop and capitalize on targeted cross-platform opportunities in market. Develop publicity plans, including talent appearances, in collaboration with HBO Media Relations.
- Maintain strong working relationship with internal groups including Sales, PM, Enterprises, Legal, PR, Media Relations, Consumer Marketing and Business Affairs.
- Manage external agencies and other vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing focus preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Profound knowledge in marketing strategies and tactics
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of retail (physical and digital) landscape for key territories (Nordics) in Europe
- Vital interest in HBO programs and other non-theatrical filmed content
- Experience in budget planning and monitoring
- Able to prioritize and manage remote relationships
- Strong leadership abilities and financial acumen
- Well organized and team oriented working attitude
- Experienced in agency and vendor handling
- Fluent in Swedish, Danish and English
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office applications / Mac and SAP experience is a plus)
- 5+ years of experience in consumer marketing / product management at FMCG companies and /or home entertainment industry and / or TV broadcaster.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Back to top