HBO Manager of Technical Operations
The Manager will support the Director of Media Distribution Technical Operations and is responsible in achieving the departmental objective of 99.999% accuracy in the execution of all Network Programming for HBO & Cinemax at our Communication Center located in Hauppauge, Long Island.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of NOC (Network Operations Center), daily staffing assignments and overtime issuance and coordinate with Manager Transmission Operations TOC (Technical Operations Center) staffing.
- Liaise with the departments that supply programming to the Communication Center and coordinate work flows with Broadcast Operations and Media Network Engineering.
- Prioritize technical resources to resolve issues, escalate as applicable to upper management.
- Provide proactive analysis and recommendations for operations procedures and technology improvements.
- Review and critique all relevant daily disruption reports for accuracy, timeliness of submission, and accountable for their proper resolution. Provide feedback to all internal departments. Supply monthly reports of "on air" reliability.
- Manage and cover all "Live Event" and Original Programming. This includes, but is not limited to: Boxing, Concerts, Original Programming Premieres and Real Time Spanish Enhancement.
- Conduct regular meetings to keep staff abreast of new procedures, and review current policies
- Supervise the creation of training documents in order to standardize operational procedures.
- Maintain documentation of staff proficiency and compliance.
- Monitor and evaluate professional proficiency of assigned staff.
- Review current operating procedures to develop efficiencies.
- Review Department Financials including invoice processing and reporting.
- Review monthly closed caption reliability
- Additionally the position requires Coordination with the Manager, Transmission Operations for the successful execution and implementation of live/near live events and special projects.
- Review and develop transmission plans for live and near live events, including budgets and financial reconciliations.
- Creation and distribution of transmission routing sheets in order to provide transmission parameters for receiving and delivering out of house content. (Includes transmissions: HBO's Studio to/from HBO's Communication Center).
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Must have integral knowledge of a broadcast facility, including a minimum of 7 years Broadcast Operations experience.
- Experience in coordinating/developing contribution events, satellite/fiber capacity, uplink/fiber providers, and telecommunications.
- Knowledge of Harris Automation, Parature, VL Pro and iControl alarming systems desirable.
- Must exhibit broad-based knowledge of television work flows, and have strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in a high pressure environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible hours, inclusive of weekends.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top