HBO Manager of Post Production
Reporting to the Director of Post Production in HBO's Digital Production Services department, this position oversees HBO's post production operations at our Hauppauge, Long Island facility (DPS Island). This role will oversee a team of experienced editors and mixers.
The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of post-production workflows in an Avid enterprise environment, proven ability to manage a team of experienced editors/mixers, excellent oral and written communication skills and be capable of working effectively in a diverse team with technical and creative colleagues.
This position will ensure DPS Island, comprising of edit stations and post audio, maintains HBO specifications and standards to finish and deliver digital content across all HBO distribution platforms.
- Interface daily with editors, mixers, Scheduling, Engineering and Media Operations to ensure optimal technical quality and workflow efficiencies, and that facility and staff are being utilized as effectively as possible to meet business needs
- Maintain communication with diverse, internal and external client base to ensure we are meeting all their needs
- Interface regularly with Program Technology Services & Operations to ensure assets we're delivering meet published tech specs
- Along with department Director, develop new workflows as business needs and asset delivery requirements evolve
- Coordinate daily with Digitizing/Media Management team to ensure editors have media needed for jobs and that media no longer in production is properly archived
- Coordinate HBO live and near-live event support, providing monitoring and fast-turnaround fixes as required
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors
- Maintain current with relevant industry technologies
- BA/BS with concentration in Communications, Film or Media Production or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of post-production process
- Minimum of 3-5 years' client-facing experience, regularly interacting with internal and external client base
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience and deep understanding of an Avid Interplay environment
- A strong understanding of operations and functions of latest Avid Media Composer and ProTools software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience managing an experienced staff
- Ability to manage multiple, time sensitive projects simultaneously
- Capacity to stay up to date on new and emerging post-production technology
- Experience in live production a plus
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top