HBO Manager of Operations, Physical Elements
HBO Enterprises licenses HBO original programming to television broadcasters in all countries worldwide. Each licensed program and its respective rights (Pay TV, Basic Cable TV, Free TV, On-Demand, Internet, Mobile Devices) require specific and custom-made broadcast elements to be created and delivered according to the specifications of each individual client.
- Manage contractual digital delivery of feature broadcast, and audio materials to international licensees (TV Broadcasters) throughout the world whose rights include the following: Pay TV, Basic Cable TV, Free TV, On-Demand, Internet, Mobile Devices). Each of the foregoing rights require contractual delivery of different digital elements which include Xdcam, Pro-Res and MPEG video files, foreign language subtitle files, 5.1 music & effects tracks, 5.1 discreet and Dolby E audio in English or certain foreign languages. Facilitate corrections to digital files that have been technically rejected by licensees.
- Manage delivery, when requested by licensees, of non-broadcast quality low-resolution watermarked video files, of new HBO original programs, pre-HBO premiere, to provide the international broadcasters with the opportunity to get an advance start on creating their foreign language dubbed and subtitled versions. The foregoing is essential to enable clients to either broadcast programs simultaneously with HBO or immediately after HBO.
- Manage the distribution of legal notices, to international licensees, for all programs that they decide to premiere simultaneously with HBO.
- Manage the accurate documenting of program deliveries to broadcasters in the appropriate databases necessary for generating reports for HBO Finance Department that comply with Sarbanes-Oxley protocols.
- Supervise the acquisition of foreign language versions by TV Broadcasters through continuous communication with all licensees to monitor the production status of these versions. Determine fees (if any), are required to obtain access to the foreign dubbed and/or subtitled versions and determine permitted usage. Oversee the coordination of obtaining legal clearances to enable exploitation.
- Review and manage approvals of invoice payments for elements manufactured for HBO Enterprises to service its distributors and licensees.
- Minimum of five years experience working directly and placing orders with video duplication and/or post production facilities.
- Technical knowledge of video formats, aspect ratios, audio standards, and audio track configurations.
- Experience in interpreting quality control reports to resolve technical rejections as well as being able to determine what client “rejections” are legitimate.
- Strong Interpersonal skills are a must to liaise between clients, sales executives, and duplication facilities to coordinate delivery of materials in a timely manner and to anticipate any unexpected problems – which might necessitate having to be in contact with licensees and/or duplication facilities during non-business hours.
- Must be able to work under pressure, juggle a variety of demands and keep track of numerous delivery deadlines.
- Experience in delivering materials to international television broadcasters is preferred
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Back to top