HBO Manager, Networking Engineering
The Manager of Network Engineering is a strategic partner to the business and oversees the engineering design for all HBO's network technologies. This includes supporting mission-critical systems for creation, management and delivery of high-definition movie-based content utilizing the latest, state-of-the-art broadcast and computer technologies for the HBO Studio and Broadcast Operations Group. He/she mentors/leads a staff of 3 and provides general systems administration support.
- Manages data networks extending to all HBO locations, including HBO NYC Studio, HBO Communications Center in Long Island, HBO NYC Midtown , Atlanta and Santa Monica, CA
- Responsible for the cross-platform analysis, design, build & implementation for HBO's engineering network and network technologies in a self-motivated manner, consistent with all project deliverables
- Maintains the operational stability of the network by providing primary support for all dependent organizations; possesses commitment toward break/fix
- Accountable for the networking relationship of HBO Studio and Broadcast Operations Group and computer vendors to benchmark and refine solutions, with specialty in networking technologies
- Responsible for all exterior circuit management, including termination points and vendor relationships
- Demonstrates ability/willingness to implement a next-generation, software-defined network that supports a highly differentiated set of network services for all technology services across the enterprise
- Prioritizes, drives, and validates strategies and roadmaps for network services, platforms, and technologies
- Collaborates with all business and technical stakeholders & Project Management team providing advice and assistance to coordinate and operationalize the integrated strategic and operational plans for innovative technologies, methodologies and processes
- Partner with broader Engineering leadership to set the overall strategic roadmap for current and next-generation (Hyperscale, SDN, Spine/Leaf) network products including reviewing and approving product development initiatives and establishing priorities
- Participate in developing Strategic Roadmap for the advancement of Next Generation Infrastructure
- Demonstrates mastery level of all Cisco networking equipment including Cisco Catalyst, Cisco Switches, UCS, NX-OS, VPC over 10/25/40/100 GB networks
- Extensive experience with campus network design, configuration and troubleshooting. Experience with inter-campus connectivity and integration
- Operating Systems: experience in Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and Sun Solaris 10. Linux-based operating systems a plus.
- Cisco certification, required
Additional Skills Required:
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- Candidate must have 10+ years' experience in supporting networks, servers and storage in a corporate environment.
- Possesses exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work autonomously
- Capable of setting priority for multiple efforts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to develop strategies with outside vendor solution providers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Position requires splitting time between all HBO locations
- Position requires after hours support and travel
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top