HBO Manager, Marketing Data Operations
HBO is seeking a Marketing Data Operations Manager to join their Consumer Marketing team. Responsible for ensuring a high state of data readiness to support HBO's data-driven marketing campaigns, this role will be the critical bridge between our marketing strategy and the enabling data and technology needed to execute against it.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the continuous flow of data to support our multi-channel customer journeys, ensuring (for example) the timely send of trigger based email campaigns, the supply of data to media agencies and publishing partners (eg Facebook), and the flow of data through the marketing technology ecosystem (including a new messaging platform and DMP).
In addition to supporting the day-to-day operational needs of the marketing team, the successful candidate will represent Marketing's interests in various marketing technology and data infrastructure initiatives that are underway.
- Ensure timely data supply to support marketing campaign execution across marketing channels, including email, mobile messaging, and paid media.
- Build and maintain operational readiness of the data driven pipeline for marketing across data collection, organization, reporting and analysis, and marketing activation.
- Data Collection
- Represent marketing requirements across all data collection points, including in-app, on-site, media, and customer service.
- Liaise with Digital Products team on tool and instrumentation requirements.
- Ensure relevant data supply from upstream sources, with an eye on new data sources as relevant.
- Partner with data and analytics teams to ensure operational readiness and ongoing evolution of marketing analytics environment.
- Identify and represent data validation requirements and address data quality issues as they arise.
- Reporting and Analysis
- Maintain closed-loop reporting pipeline to support the timely publishing of campaign reports and dashboards.
- Identify operational analytics requirements and work with data and analytics teams to build capability and processes to support these.
- Ensure data readiness of customer interaction channels; including in-app, on-site, paid media, email, mobile messaging, and more.
- Ensure effective deployment of decisioning logic and orchestration across communications channels.
- Establish and measure operational KPIs for data driven marketing operations, and proactively manage to SLA's.
- Represent marketing interests in all technical forums, interfacing between business and technical teams.
- Facilitate the definition of the data architecture from a marketing perspective including:
- Partner with internal data delivery teams and constituents, including HBO's technology and analytics teams.
- Work with external partners and agencies across paid media, mobile apps, microsites and other channels.
- Define data delivery end points for both internal and external partners
- Participate in Marketing Technology (Martech) vendor & tool reviews and onboarding
- Hands-on experience managing data operations to support marketing campaigns, ideally within a digital centric, multi-channel marketing ecosystem
- Experience with Email Service Providers, Data Management Platforms, Mobile Messaging Platforms and publishers like Facebook.
- Deep understanding of the end-to-end data supply chain.
- Bachelors degree, Masters level degree well regarded
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills
- Solid project management and organizations skills
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Confident and articulate communicator, capable of inspiring strong collaboration in the organization
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top