HBO Manager, Marketing Analytics
HBO is seeking a Marketing Analytics Manager to join their Consumer Marketing team, to support its subscriber acquisition, engagement, retention marketing, and brand and program promotion goals. Through hands-on consumer and campaign data analysis, this position will help define, measure and optimize ongoing marketing campaign performance and strategy development.
Key to success in this role is the ability to translate complex findings into actionable insights and recommendations for a wide range of marketing stakeholders. The successful candidate will have practical commercial experience working with large and complex data sets in a marketing context, particularly as they relate to customer and audience targeting and messaging through digital communications channels.
- Undertake critical analysis to derive actionable insights needed to support effective marketing campaign strategy and execution, including:
- Audience definition and targeting
- Creative performance and impact
- Channel effectiveness; including paid media, social, email, website, and mobile
- AB and multivariate testing
- Analysis of large and complex transaction level, customer, media and product related data sets.
- Conduct in-depth evaluation of marketing programs to help derive insights and recommendations for future initiatives in a clear and easily digestible manner.
- Support the development of measurement strategies, learning agendas and their respective roadmaps.
- Coordinate and evaluate test and learn initiatives across the marketing group, including hypothesis development, test design, and post-test analysis.
- Build repeatable processes and solutions to support data-driven marketing at scale.
- Educate broader marketing team on data-driven practices and disciplines.
- Design and build visual tools to convert complex data into visually digestible information to empower our broader marketing team.
- Work with, manage and mentor junior team members and provide training, and project support.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a quantitative business environment, with 3 – 4 years work experience in marketing analytics.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline. Masters level degree well regarded.
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills, with an ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Proficiency in query languages such as SQL, data mining tools a plus.
- Experience working with digital/social advertising environments.
- Experience with AB and multivariate testing.
- Deep understanding of the end-to-end data supply chain.
- Solid project management and organizations skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced marketing environment.
- Confident and articulate communicator, capable of inspiring strong collaboration in the organization.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top