HBO Manager, Market Research (Supplemental)
Responsible for designing, executing and managing primary quantitative and qualitative market research projects. Conducts a wide range of research to address various business issues. Works closely with multiple departments across HBO, as well as with the rest of the research group. Manages relationships with and the work of third-party research vendors.
- Proactively design and execute quantitative research projects:
- Meet with client groups to determine business issues, assess information needs and determine research priorities
- Develop research plans and strategies, including methodology recommendations, that translate business goals into research objectives
- Write requests for proposals. Identify and evaluate relevant vendors per research study and provide input into the vendor selection. Serve as the day-to-day contact with vendors
- Manage the research study process including timelines, analytic plans, questionnaire development and design and deliverables. Confirm accuracy and validity of data collection.
- Evaluate and summarize research results; develop insightful and actionable recommendations and present findings
2. Proactively design and execute qualitative research projects:
- Develop and implement qualitative research projects to address business issues
- Stay in close contact with client groups to stay abreast of qualitative research needs including proactively following marketing campaign development windows and plans
- Identify appropriate moderators/vendors and provide input into moderator selection decision
- Manage the project process by serving as the day-to-day contact and working closely with moderator to draft screeners and write discussion guides
- Work closely with clients to identify and collect relevant stimuli for use in the sessions
- Assist in managing the moderator and internal client groups during the sessions
- Evaluate and summarize research results, develop insightful and actionable recommendations and present findings
3. Develop strong relationships and maintain regular communication with internal clients
4. Assist in the management of the budget including ensuring timely processing of invoices
- Working knowledge of a broad range of quantitative and qualitative research techniques and methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and strategic thinking ability
- Ability to synthesize information and produce insightful and accurate analyses and recommendations
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously and to function as part of a team in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexibility to adapt to changing and growing environment
- High degree of integrity and professionalism and strong commitment to quality and accuracy
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Expertise in charting data and data visualization in clear, easy to digest formats
- Proficiency in statistical analysis software tools (e.g. SPSS)
- Minimum of 5-7 years of primary consumer market research experience
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top