HBO Manager, Distribution Strategy
As the Manager, Distribution Strategy, you will prepare industry and affiliate reports/analyses for the Global Distribution team and senior management that lead to a thorough understanding of trends, challenges and opportunities for our business. This role requires the ability to distill often complex company and industry information into clear and concise formats to keep HBO account teams and management updated and informed. Areas of concentration include, but are not limited to: multichannel and OTT distribution trends, broadband and mobile insights, new platforms and technology, and the competitive landscape. You also will regularly collaborate with various internal account/affiliate marketing teams and internal departments including Research, Finance, Digital Products, and IT.
- Design, publish and present quantitative and qualitative reports utilizing internal and third party data (e.g. Wall Street Analyst reports, Syndicated research)
- Prepare and disseminate sales communication materials/talking points related to HBO distribution partners for both internal and external use
- Partner with the Research team to establish, execute and package relevant market and database research
- Identify and analyze industry, technology and/or economic trends that may impact HBO’s business, including new OTT services like HBO NOW
- Collaborate with various departments on projects designed to meet account specific HBO and Cinemax subscriber goals
- Manage field intelligence and data collection initiatives to ensure pertinent and accurate data is provided
- Report on usage of key internal reporting tools utilizing social media and content management applications
- BA/BS degree required, advanced degree desired
- Minimum 3-5 years of strategic planning, media planning, research or equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding of key media performance/measurement drivers and metrics
- Track record of autonomy with day-to-day responsibilities and proactively developing new projects
- Previous success in evaluating situations, identifying challenges and opportunities, and creating solutions/strategies to achieve objectives
- Highly skilled user of MS Office applications (especially Excel and PPT) and the ability to quickly learn proprietary databases, applications and reporting tools
- Embrace making complex data simple and easy-to-understand, experience with data visualization tools a plus
- Outstanding organization, communication and presentation skills
- Manage and develop one Analyst team member
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top