HBO Manager, Digital and Social Media
HBO is looking for a Manager, Digital and Social Media to support its programming, including HBO Series, Cinemax, HBO Films, and additional programming initiatives. This candidate will help establish the digital and social marketing strategy and manage day-to-day execution. The candidate will be responsible for working with multiple teams at HBO including showrunners, talent, and programming executives as well as other key HBO stakeholders to ensure all digital media initiatives meet the highest quality delivery regardless of medium or platform. In addition to regular office hours, this role also demands evening and weekend work on a regular basis.
A key position within the digital and social marketing team, this role reports to the Director, Digital and Social Media. The ideal candidate is a stellar team player with a proven ability to deliver across numerous digital platforms simultaneously. S/he is hyper-enthusiastic about television, HBO & Cinemax programming, and up-to-date on ever-evolving digital and social media trends.
- Work with the Director, Digital & Social Media to establish digital strategies in support of HBO & Cinemax programming
- Oversee the day to day implementation of the social strategy across social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, and others
- Successfully facilitate digital marketing promotions and collaborative efforts within HBO Consumer Marketing as well as other HBO teams including Media Relations and Programming
- Assist in the digital content development process for multiple programs at a time, including maintaining editorial calendars, communicating deadlines, and securing approvals
- Partner with programmers, show producers and talent to develop digital content extensions to linear programming
- Support the development and implementation of paid media campaigns across digital platforms
- Provide insights and recaps on content performance, consumer sentiment and other areas as needed
- Work closely with platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat) and vendors (e.g. agencies) to identify opportunities for digital promotions
- Adhere to the highest level of quality assurance standards including 100% publication accuracy
- Ensure all factors that govern project success deliver within time, cost and quality parameters and manage/communicate risk throughout the process
- Availability to work nights and weekend hours as required (including some travel)
- 6+ years experience in digital content development for a major media brand or franchise
- Creative thinker with impeccable communication skills and influence-management skills essential; can collaborate effectively and efficiently
- Established digital/social media background including proven experience driving major brand profiles
- Proven marketing skills in all facets of brand/audience development
- Proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, unassailable focus on the basics, tenacious (persistent about bringing open items to closure), accountable, enthusiastic
- Experience overseeing digital word-of-mouth campaigns and leading content generation efforts
- Ability to balance multiple, competing directions, identify and delegate tasks effectively and manage multiple projects successfully
- A sound knowledge of the web, social media and related technologies. Able to explain it to others, advise on the best approach, develop plans for the completion of projects and execute based on them
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and to deliver to budget
- Bachelor’s degree required
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Back to top