HBO Manager, Archives & Metadata
The Manager of Archives, Metadata and Asset Management, plans and implements media asset management tools, metadata standardization projects, and best practice development in support of the HBO Archives digital toolkit and asset lifecycle roadmap. This position works in partnership with HBO Archives managers in the revision of media workflows and represents the HBO Archives in cross-divisional supply-chain projects. Candidates must have a proven track record of interpreting and applying modern library science theory and concepts to media cataloging and data management systems.
- Plans and implements large-scale metadata management projects: metadata mining and migration, standardization, metadata quality initiatives, in sync with HBO and Time Warner data initiatives
- Supports the strategic HBO Archives asset management lifecycle roadmap, including long-term preservation and storage initiatives
- Constructs ontologies & taxonomies, data entity models, delivers schema updates
- Contributes to department budgets and budget planning, trouble-shoots issues, and provides cost/benefit analysis evaluations of proposed workflow changes
- Conducts staff training & vendor analysis, creates guides & best practice documents, and implements new workflows
- Manages staff, sets goals, and performs employee evaluations
- Creates and manages RFP, SOW, and business requirements gathering processes
- Act as the Archive’s subject matter expert on cross-divisional projects
- 3-5 years experience with metadata standards and cataloguing practices in a media archives or broadcast environment
- Graduate degree in Library Science (MLIS), or related field
- Knowledge of film & video production formats, post production workflows, and media asset management systems
- Strong computer skills (MSOffice, data entry, etc.)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Back to top