HBO Manager, Account Management
The Manager, Account Management will provide the critical day-to-day support to the national account team to aid them in the distribution of HBO's award winning original programming. This position will report directly to the Director of Sales.
- Assist in the development of annual plans to achieve revenue objectives and build the HBO brand at our key retail partners
- Manage the submission process for resets/monthly promotional activity at key retailers. Collaborate with cross functional internal teams to optimize selection and revenue
- Actively initiate new retailer promotions to grow existing and new business
- Coordinate in-store activity with .com elements of the business via wholesale distribution partners
- Manage biweekly status call with WB account teams to ensure we are meeting all key initiatives and developing plans to address gaps in each retail plan
- Evaluate POS data and review returns, provide insight to opportunities and issues that could drive revenue or mitigate returns.
- Use sales evaluation to review assigned account sales goals and weigh against forecasts to rationalize budgets. Convey any recognized difference to Sales Director
- Conduct retail online and in-store audits as needed, assuring that positioning is executed as negotiated on all promotions
- Use retail audit results to develop and maintain a merchandising/advertisng playbook to ensure we are optimizing our spend and profitability metrics are being met
- Liaise with cross functional teams internally and externally on art asset requests
- Participate in and travel to customer review meetings as needed (up to 20% travel required)
- A minimum of 7 years professional experience.
- Exceptionally strong Excel skills. Proficiency in Power Point and Word.
- Highly Analytical
- Strong prioritization, presentation and communication skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Positive Attitude.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top