HBO Inventory Control Specialist
This position requires the skills and experience that are specifically focused on the management of HBO's hardware and software assets. Candidate will perform a variety of duties including receiving, ordering, asset tagging, recording, reclaiming, and tracking the movement of HBO's assets assigned to employees. These include, HBO approved software, hardware, wireless devices, TV's and Blu-Ray players. Maintain monthly threshold stock levels for new hires, break/fix purposes. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record of inventory control management in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- Maintain accurate records of current HBO hardware and software assets, following proper ordering procedures to maintain "just-in-time" inventory levels as required.
- Create requisitions in Ariba to replenish threshold stock levels.
- Using the EIS Service Desk SNOW portal, address and reassign HBO Inventory ticket assignments for IT Service Center Technicians to deploy equipment and/or software to clients.
- Address Service Center tickets assignments daily for IT hardware requests via ServiceNow.
- Create ticket assignments to satisfy end user hardware and software requests.
- Conduct monthly cycle counts of inventory threshold in the inventory storage room.
- Work with other HBO office liaisons to manage inventory stock levels appropriately.
- Create and place asset tags on newly received equipment, logging items into the HBO's Inventory tracking database FileMaker Pro.
- Record the movement of assets assigned to employees, accounting for any upgrades or replacements due to break-fix. Update the FileMaker Pro data base to maintain the accuracy of the inventory records.
- Reclaim of computer equipment as a result of upgrades, break/fix, terminations or relocations back to HBO Inventory.
- Ensure the security of HBO's assets by restricting access to the cage and other locations as instructed by the Director of Inventory.
- Work with Supervisor to arrange pickup of end of life and defective hardware to HBO's asset disposal and remarketing vendor.
- Maintain the integrity of the various storage locations as it relates to special projects.
- Perform visual validation of received equipment, comparing the description and packing slip details against the original purchase order. Receive items in Ariba and Oracle.
- Manage the Return to Vendor (RMA) process. Includes documentation-tracking and shipping.
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree with three years of successful Inventory Control in an IT environment is preferred
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to organize vast amounts of data and the ability to multi-task on several projects
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint(advanced skill set)
- Experience with Oracle/ServiceNow/Ariba is preferred
- Ability to safely lift heavy or bulky items as part of daily routine
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top