HBO International Product Manager
This Product Manager position is part of HBO’s Digital Products department. Digital Products works to develop and release applications and features to further expand and enhance HBO’s digital properties, including HBO GO, MAX GO and HBO NOW streaming services.
This Product Manager role is responsible for development of an International product portfolio to compliment the HBO domestic video streaming services.
We are looking for someone who has a proven track record of identifying unique market and consumer requirements across a diverse International landscape, with experience in digital products portfolio management. A successful candidate will be a natural problem solver, who is adaptable in a fast paced environment and is highly collaborative.
The Product Manager will work closely with HBO International partners across Asia, Europe and Latin America to understand each region’s unique business/market opportunities, regulatory constraints and competitive landscape. The Product Manager will collaborate with internal design and engineering teams to develop a product portfolio and roadmap to support our International partners.
They should lead with integrity, have strong organizational and analytical skills, as well as be a proven collaborator who can problem solve. Individual will function with some autonomy and in a team environment. Some overnight travel required. This position reports directly to a Senior International Product Manager.
- Gather, document and communicate International partner requirements effectively to cross-functional teams and facilitates prioritization decisions within release
- Provides input on non-functional requirements, from market and forecast perspectives
- Works with HBO International partner business functions to elicit & document product roadmap items and gain cross-functional consensus on plans
- Partners with Design/UX team to provide input on product-level decisions, ensuring design is optimized to meet business and consumer needs
- For the International product portfolio, assigns responsibility, completes tasks, manages the following work:
- Customer research/validation
- Competitive analysis
- Business case: Identifies product level business value; recommends metrics and objectives based on business value
- Product delivery solution concept
- Feature/function roadmap: managing at the product level in collaboration with key cross-departmental team members
- Business readiness/implementation planning
- External launch planning/execution
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Prior Product experience with a focus on internationalization/localization in the digital landscape,
including video streaming, content distribution workflows and application development
- Experience utilizing Omniture or similar analytics platforms to capture and present data-driving
- Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: Trello) and bug tracking
systems (ex: YouTrack, JIRA) preferred
- Highly developed organizational, planning and analytical capabilities with tactical execution
- Demonstrated interpersonal and strong communication skills; written and oral
- Formal and informal presentation skills in small and large group settings
- Self-starter, accountable and empowered
- Collaborative work style
- Detail oriented
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Back to top