HBO Go Support Agent
After customers purchase our products, you're the one who helps them get more out of their new HBO GO streaming service. Your day supporting HBO GO customers is filled with a range of focused support and service tasks. Whether you're helping customers get setup, find answers to their questions or troubleshoot issues with HBO GO and devices, you're ready to share knowledge and provide exceptional assistance. You gain satisfaction from bringing resolution and insight to each customer, elevating his or her relationship with HBO GO product and the HBO brand to the next level.
The HBO GO Support Agent is responsible for providing customer support to HBO GO customers primarily via social channels, including participating, monitoring and managing customer issues in those channels. He/she is responsible for resolving issues relating HBO GO streaming service across mobile, connected TV and gaming devices. The individual will need to be process oriented and possess customer support and social media experience from a media, technology or entertainment company. The candidate also must possess excellent communication skills in order to collaborate successfully with internal stakeholder's teams and external customers.
- Monitor social media channels and respond to consumer posts as part of the HBO GO Customer Engagement & Support Team
- Resolve consumer issues via ticket management system to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of issues.
- Document all support information and actions in the internal ticket management system.
- Own the customer support experience in our social media channel and drive satisfaction as measured through customer satisfaction survey.
- Collaborate with other HBO GO Support Agents to effectively manage priorities, issues, communications, customer expectations, and progress.
- Provide feedback on possible ways to improve product and processes.
- Participate in knowledgebase development by offering feedback on current and future articles.
- Contribute towards the development of a strong team environment by upholding high work standards and collaboration.
- A passion for Digital Media technologies.
- Previous experience in a Technical Support / Customer Service role.
- Knowledge of Social channels and SaaS-based support solutions.
- Strong customer-service orientation with a desire to achieve outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Flexibility to regularly rotate through different technical specialties, skill sets and service engagement channels.
- Solid technical background coupled with the desire and ability to grasp new skills quickly, combined with deep attention to detail.
- Able to balance multiple tasks and prioritize workload with frequent interruptions, occasionally in urgent situations.
- Ability to comfortably work within a fast-growing team and own social channel.
- Ability to thrive on change as HBO products evolve and grow.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Fast learner, quality conscious, and committed to deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on small projects while balancing your everyday workload.
- Team player with an appropriate level of confidence to inject new ideas into any situation.
- Possess strong analysis, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with other departments within the organization.
- Ability to work rotating shifts between 8am and 8pm.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years' experience in customer support in the Digital Media landscape
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top