HBO Freelance Encoding Coordinator
This position is responsible for the encoding, tracking, and distribution of file based content for non-linear services.
- This position will analyze requests and assess the encoding workflow demands. This will entail the tracking of newly requested content, the tracking of source content, tracking of completed content, and tracking of content in progress
- Processing of transcoding jobs
- Technical quality control screening of completed files as necessary
- Reconciliation and archival of completed assets
- Packaging and distribution of completed content
- Interact with various internal departments for day to day operations including weekly status meetings and systems development.
- Maintain all necessary documentation for workgroup operations.
Coverage of the HBO Hotline as needed and escalating incoming issues to the proper departments
- Understanding of industry standard video and audio codec including but not limited to: H.264, Windows Media, Flash, AAC, Dolby E.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience with transcoding systems such as Agility, Digital Rapids or Elemental.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time is critical
- High degree of proficiency in all Microsoft Office components
- Familiarity with the technology and business aspects of distributing content across all platforms including but not limited to: Aspera, FTP, SFTP
- Candidate must be highly motivated with proven problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to drive change. Applicant must be able to function in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong Interpersonal skills to include: solid teamwork, and excellent oral and written communication skills
- College degree preferred.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top