HBO Freelance Database Operations Coordinator
The Programming Administration unit directs, manages and oversees the overall integrity of the TEAM application which tracks the technical specifications and associated metadata for all programming scheduled to air across all platforms, including HBO and CINEMAX main and multiplex channels, Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD/HOD/COD), mobile, internet (GO/NOW/Fancast), International, HBO DVD, and HBO Enterprises. The data is fed to numerous databases throughout the organization, and is critical to efficient workflows, enabling multiple teams to schedule, acquire, enhance, evaluate, encode and deliver the long and short form original content and interstitials, and licensed product, that the company offers to affiliates and subscribers. The coordinator will assist in selecting and managing assets to build HBO's digital library within the Media Asset Management system. This person will provide the support required to manage the MAM and all on-going projects related to file-based integration and workflows.
- Track outstanding materials for new and returning Original and licensed programming, to ensure timely intra-departmental workflows, and to keep external groups notified of program specifications
- Assist in validating air masters as "okay to air" in order to publish metadata to downstream dependent systems
- Select and manage assets needed to build the digital central repository of all HBO and Cinemax owned legacy content and new programming
- Run and modify reports from Business Objects to facilitate the tracking of assets
- Perform title and asset research by reviewing technical notes and working with internal staff regarding approval status and technical issues related to source assets
- Examine program schedules for content version and format availability
- Provide detailed product and asset data reports on an ad-hoc basis to assist with file-based operations
- Participate in departmental projects as needed
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Accuracy, extreme attention to detail and strong organization skills are critical and the foundation for success in this job
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Experience working in the television or film industry in a production and/or post-production capacity is a plus
- Knowledge of television broadcast and broadband distribution technologies a plus
- The ability to prioritize and successfully multitask is essential
- Must be proficient in both Windows and Mac OS
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project or similar project management tools
- Knowledge of Business Objects, data analysis and reporting skills are a plus
- Knowledge of SQL preferred
- Frequent short-notice mandatory overtime as required
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top