HBO (Fixed Term) Accountant
Position reports to Manager and is responsible for analyzing, forecasting and reporting on HBO Enterprises operating expenses related to global TV licensing of HBO programming.
Operating expenses accrual process, analysis and reporting
- Perform monthly expense accrual process.
- Prepare monthly account balance reconciliations of the project subledger to the general ledger. Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts of operating expenses based on HBO Enterprises Operations and Business Affairs guidance.
- Interface with management in various departments, including Business Affairs, HBO Enterprises Operations, IT and Legal.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly HBO Enterprises balance sheets, income statements and various financial reports related to internal / external auditors' inquiries, including analysis of components of balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare monthly journal
- Administer the process of recording daily cash collection.
- Special projects and ad-hoc reconciliations upon request.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 2 years professional and/or public accounting experience.
- Experience in the entertainment industry a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; must be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Must have excellent Excel skills.
- Solid experience with use of sub-ledger and general ledger financial systems and reporting tools required.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top