HBO Executive Assistant, Domestic Network Distribution
Dynamic, multifaceted role reporting to the Senior Vice President of HBO’s satellite, telecommunication, and hotel/bulk institution distribution affiliates. Along with the traditional responsibilities associated with the Executive Assistant role, this position serves as an integral contributor to the AT&T affiliate account management team. This person will be the hub of the team, able to develop and exhibit a working knowledge of all aspects of HBO and Distributor businesses, in order to anticipate needs and take on new projects.
- Serve as the point person to SVP’s National Accounts for all department-wide processes and communications
- Administrative duties include: Manage SVP calendar, coordinate internal and external meetings, prepare monthly expense reports, assist with travel booking, maintain contacts, phone support, and attendance tracking
- Budget – contribute to the allocation, commitment and tracking of funds for key initiatives, cost data analysis, invoice processing, and leading weekly meetings with account team
- Events – manage and/or participate in the coordination of internal and affiliate events
- Collaborate with Account Assistant to organize weekly team meeting agenda and share in moderating responsibilities
- Manage team’s premium item inventory, including in/outbound shipments and general organization of premium room
- Distribute promotional emails to key affiliates contacts, while ensuring updated distribution lists
- Exhibit the ability to work well with individuals, team members and other departments with respect, professionalism and integrity
- Demonstrate communication and presentation skills; written and oral
- Ability to prioritize and balance requests of team members in multiple locations and time zones
- Strategic and analytical capability
- Creative, innovative thinker
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Excellent collaboration and creative problem solving abilities
- Self-starter; accountable and empowered
- Skilled at working autonomously and in a dynamic team environment
- Basic accounting experience/skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years business experience
- Cable, Satellite, or Telco industry experience preferred
- High level proficiency software and hardware knowledge required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, social media applications and mobile/streaming devices
- Ability to travel domestically on an as-needed basis
- Valid Driver’s License
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top