HBO Executive Assistant
This individual will provide administrative and general office support for the Business Technology Services and Media Software Engineering teams. The role requires someone with a positive attitude, pro-activeness and organizational skills to ensure the smooth functioning of the executives and departments by understanding HBO and the departments priorities. As a part of the support team you will work alongside a group of talented and driven individuals for the overall success.
- Provide general administrative support to two VPs as requested. Specific responsibilities include answering phones, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, processing expense reports, and planning events.
- Design, implement and evolve a process for managing the demands on the executives and departments including approvals, executive correspondences, follow-up and escalations.
- Serve as liaison between each VP and their teams.
- Prepares presentations and draft correspondence, internal memorandums and email communications.
- Process invoices and route for approval in a timely fashion.
- Process monthly expense reports.
- Learn to understand and navigate HBO’s corporate culture to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrate strong organization and planning skills.
- Manage assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously without becoming easily overwhelmed.
- Demonstrate support for the team through an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Be able to work collaboratively with team, other office co-workers.
- Take initiative in completing assignments, solving problems, and seeking solutions.
- Seek answers to questions proactively when the answers are not immediately apparent.
- Make progress on assignments independently.
- Must be articulate, in spoken and the written word.
- Must listen well.
- Be an Independent thinker, strive for continuous improvement and use judgment for decision making.
- Exhibit a professional and courteous attitude during interactions with team members and co-workers.
- 3+ years business experience in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience in television/film/media a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to prioritize, juggle various tasks and work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle confidential information with a high level of discretion, sensitivity and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be resourceful, extremely organized, detail-oriented and a team player
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be able to work over-time as needed
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top