HBO Director Sales Support (Fixed Term)
This position is a temporary position designed to provide additional account coverage and sales support for the domestic sales team. The candidate will assess status and assist in finalizing plans and programs currently in solicitation. Recommend strategies to grow the various segments of business at both digital and physical retailers. Provide insight based on industry experience to guide annual planning process and the long-term strategies in market. Communicate with HBO cross-functional teams regarding sales and marketing strategies.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Maintain principal contact with senior buyers across retailers and work with assistant buyers as needed.
- Develop relationships with accounts and work towards new relationships with horizontal departments such as Marketing, Operations, etc.
- Overall key HBO contact in terms of the account relationship, bridge account with operations, marketing, etc.)
- Leads customer review meetings
- Construct and execute plan to meet / exceed annual budget and build the overall HBO brand awareness at accounts assigned
- Maintains an intimate knowledge of the revenue to assist accounts in driving additional upside or pivot on underperforming strategies / titles
- Align customer initiatives and programs to drive HBO’s strategy and objectives
- Achieve annual revenue sales goals through: construction of annual plan, alignment with cross- functional teams on key customer strategies and secure customer commitment on long- term objectives
- Work to enhance all HBO objectives, specifically supporting and integrating HBO NOW elements in the retail space where possible
- Conduct real-time audits and postmortems of promotional activity, use results to guide and influence accounts. Incorporate takeaway into an overall account playbook, continuing to build upon histories to constantly improve retail results
- Review and amend sales presentations prior to meetings with Customers
- Review and amend sales forecasts
- Review title and program performance against assigned account sales goals and weigh against account sales forecasts in order to rationalize budgets. Convey any recognized difference to Sales VP.
- Ensure fiscally responsible decisions consistent with prescribed standards from HBO Senior Management are made.
- Optimize spend to ensure profitability metrics are being met
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top