HBO Director, Production Technology
The Director of Production Technology plays a pivotal role in leading technical initiatives, systems and processes that support our production environments, as well as providing support for short and long-term planning and implementation of efficient and effective tools and workflows. This role will partner closely with members of Production, Engineering and Operations in various projects. This individual will be responsible for leading exploratory conversations, extracting requirements, and developing/executing an actionable plan to meet those requirements.
- Plan and execute on production technology initiatives for HBO Enterprise
- Partner with others in Digital Production Services (DPS) leadership to effectively align on strategic technology goals
- Serve as a liaison to external groups and stakeholders on technology solutions
- Develop and communicate project deliverables and business requirements
- Supervise development, documentation, test strategy and implementation
- Develop and maintain training matrix and standard operating procedures
- Work with team leads to develop and improve systems to manage project tracking
- Track industry and technology trends in order to present opportunities and mitigate risk
- Establish and serve as a subject matter expert in technical and operational DPS initiatives
- BA/BS or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years technical project or production management experience
- Strong knowledge of creative production software, HD/UHD/HDR production, offline/online editorial workflows, QC procedures, and MAM systems
- Experience with large-scale editorial and graphics pipeline required
- Must have strong leadership qualities with the ability to effectively delegate and advise both technical and creative individuals
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and project management skills required
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, consensus driven environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to drive initiatives while maintaining perspective on company goals
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top