HBO Director, Product Management
This Director of Product Management position is part of HBO’s Digital Products department. Digital Products works to develop and release applications and features to further expand and enhance HBO’s digital properties, including HBO GO, MAX GO and HBO NOW streaming services.
The Director of Product Management is responsible for development and execution of product portfolio strategy across HBO digital subscription services. The role will include direct management responsibilities for a team of Product Managers.
We are looking for someone who has a proven track record of leading teams to identify unique market and consumer requirements, with experience in digital products portfolio management. A successful candidate must be a commercially driven strategic thinker who has a capacity to manage a product strategy and roadmap with up to a 2 year horizon. They must be comfortable engaging with executive leadership to communicate and prioritize product portfolio strategy effectively and must be adaptable and collaborative in a fast paced environment.
They should lead with integrity, have strong organizational and analytical skills, as well as be a proven collaborator who can problem solve. This position reports directly to the VP of Product Management for HBO Digital Products.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio level roadmap which can be leveraged to facilitate cross-departmental planning and prioritization
- Evaluate Epic level work as it progresses through product development lifecycle, ensuring business context, success criteria and expected KPI impact is well-understood with a focus on validating proposed problems are worth solving
- Direct management of a team of Product Managers with key focus on mentoring the team on critical skills development, organizational influence and career growth
- Partner with peers across Program Management, Design/UX, Engineering and QA
- Drive portfolio level customer and internal stakeholder communications including roadmap distribution, product newsletters and facilitation of go-to-market planning
- For the product portfolio, lead across team supervising tasks associated with the following work:
○ Customer research/validation
○ Competitive analysis
○ Business case: Identifies business value; recommends metrics and objectives based on
business value at the product line level
○ Product delivery solution concept
○ Feature/function roadmap: reviews across product line, supervises team, collaborates
with other senior cross-departmental team members
○ Business readiness/implementation planning
- Post-launch monitoring of product ROI, business value & customer feedback: Tracks and recommends course corrections for portfolio line
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of applied Product Management experience
- Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience
- Prior Product experience with a focus on digital landscape, including video streaming, content distribution workflows and application development (in Media industry is a plus)
- Experience utilizing Omniture or similar analytics platforms to capture and present data-driving analysis
- Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: Wizeline, Trello)
and bug tracking systems (ex: YouTrack, JIRA) preferred
- Highly developed organizational, planning and analytical capabilities with tactical execution
- Demonstrated interpersonal and strong communication skills; written and oral
- Formal and informal presentation skills in small and large group settings
- Self-starter, accountable and empowered
- Collaborative work style
- Detail oriented
- Occasional overnight travel required
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top