HBO Director, E-Commerce
HBO is seeking a Director of E-commerce to join the Global Licensing & Retail team. Reporting to the Vice President, Global Licensing & Retail, the ideal candidate will be a strategic, data driven executive with a proven track record of driving revenue and product conversion, developing direct to consumer marketing strategies to enhance HBO consumer products, and servicing internal/external clients.
The successful candidate will play a lead role in directing and developing the global strategy for the operations and marketing of the business. This individual will manage a dedicated team and collaborate closely with other members of the Global Licensing team to develop consumer products that are brand appropriate.
- Responsible for e-commerce P&L through the understanding of key performance indicators ensuring the business meets revenue goals. Work with internal teams, licensees, and e-commerce vendors to develop brand appropriate product lines which extend HBO brands into the online retail marketplace.
- Key internal stakeholder in maintaining, optimizing and growing HBO's relationship with domestic and international e-commerce vendors. This will include the continual evaluation of these key partnerships as well as evaluating new opportunities.
- Further define and enhance the e-commerce merchandising and marketing plan through strategic thinking and alignment with overall Global Licensing & Retail plan
- Lead product merchandising strategy which includes onsite presentation of merchandise planning assortment strategies to convey HBO brand values
- Direct performance marketing strategies to drive traffic to the stores across both domestic and international e-commerce stores via multiple digital marketing channels.
- Identify and evaluate growth opportunities for the store to build upon current traffic and revenue through expansion into new territories, partnerships with external vendors and broadcast partners, platform upgrades and more
- Lead team of dedicated e-commerce managers to deliver strong revenue results and on brand marketing initiatives
- Maintain high level of customer service to elevate consumer experience and satisfaction.
- Develop and manage procedures for vetting and auditing vendors for compliance with the HBO privacy and data security policies and legal requirements.
- Collaborate with legal and information security group to ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance programs including policies and practices.
- Build and improve upon a strategic and comprehensive privacy program, both domestic and international, that defines, develops, maintains and implements policies and processes that enable consistent, effective privacy practices which minimize risk and ensure the confidentiality of protected information across the organization.
- 5+ years relevant experience in B2C eCommerce role, with direct management experience running a team and managing vendors
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Impeccable communication skills both written and oral
- Exceptional project and relationship management skills – extensive cross-functional collaboration with internal groups and with outside partners
- ROI driven e-comm marketer with experience setting KIPI's and strategy across digital marketing channels
- International eCommerce expertise, focused on European marketing. Familiarity with EU e-commerce regulations and cookie compliance, a plus
- Strong business skills, including contract negotiation
- Ability to multi-task and thrive on working on multiple projects in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Strong knowledge of analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe SiteCatalyst) and Microsoft suite
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top