HBO Director, Customer Engagement & Retention (HBONOW)
HBO is seeking a Director of Customer Engagement and Retention to join their Consumer Marketing Group. Reporting to the Vice President of Customer Engagement and Retention Marketing, the ideal candidate is a creative data-driven marketer with a proven track record in customer lifecycle marketing and direct marketing methods through digital channels.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the design, development and execution of our customer engagement and subscriber retention strategy for our subscribers and fans (including HBO NOW and HBO GO subscribers), across paid, owned and earned media.
They will own HBO's customer journeys; driving deeper programming engagement, reducing churn, and increasing affinity and long-term customer value.
- Lead the development and ongoing optimization of direct communications strategies across customer segments and channels (including email, mobile messaging, paid media, in-product, web, and social media) in order to deliver compelling customer experiences, drive greater usage and deeper engagement with our brand and our programming, reduce churn and improve LTV.
- Lead a team of high performing marketing professionals to deliver high velocity marketing campaigns on a continuous basis.
- Partner with internal campaign production teams to execute best-in-class communications that build and support value-enhancing customer experiences and the HBO brand.
- Partner with data and analytics teams to identify actionable marketplace and customer level insights and opportunities, inform creative strategies, content creation, product development recommendations and customer acquisition strategies.
- Leverage insights to develop sound, fact-based marketing strategies and executions that drive incremental ROI against business objectives.
- Develop testing and measurement strategies to continuously optimize cross-channel campaign performance.
- Partner with Marketing Analytics, Research and Technology teams in the evolution of HBO's end-to-end Marketing Technology stack.
- Inject a customer centric perspective into our messaging strategies and executions.
- 10+ years customer retention / CRM / database marketing experience, ideally with an online subscription business
- Bachelors degree, Masters level degree well regarded
- Highly proficient in targeted marketing through digital channels; in particular using email, mobile messaging, and paid media.
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills
- Solid project management and organizations skills
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Confident and articulate communicator, capable of inspiring strong collaboration in the organization
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top