HBO Director Business Technology
The Business Technology Services team within the Media Technology & Information Services (MTIS) group at HBO is responsible for the build and support of vital technology solutions supporting the scheduling, acquisition, processing, and distribution of HBO content, the team is a fundamental part of HBO’s innovation and successful Technology team in New York City, Santa Monica and Seattle.
The team partners with various business units to enable the services required to deliver HBO’s premium content to domestic and global platforms as well as third party partners by bringing together platform, software, data and business intelligence services. The team’s mission is to provide rock solid operations while defining and executing on the future business technology landscape leveraging Cloud and DevOpsSec.
The Director of Technology Planning and Operations is responsible for providing the inception, execution and general management leverage to design, execute and operate the Business Technology team. The individual will be a part of the Business Technology leadership team driving operational maturity while helping create the future state of HBO’s content supply chain through collaboration, organizational maturity and technical leadership.
We are looking for a rising star with a track record of organizational leadership who is creative, forward leaning, technologically savvy and is business centric who takes pride in evolving the organization to meet the future needs of business and technology.
This position will be based in New York City and report to the VP Business Technology Solutions.
- Plan, design, socialize, implement and evolve the operating model for the department to meet business goals.
- Collaborate with your peers and leadership to create and maintain a 3 year strategic plan.
- Portfolio management, rationalization and prioritization for a portfolio of 80+ assets and services.
- Maintaining the 5+ vendors/consultants relationship management and associated health metrics reporting and analysis.
- Assist VP and at times lead development of the departmental and management of budgets and processes by streamlining approvals, reconciliations and tracking against decommissions.
- Act as an escalation point for all departmental issues and leading the effort to resolve and reconcile those events.
- Enhance, maintain and improve departmental daily/weekly operating reports.
- Establish and drive maturity of various steering and operating committee include program reviews, customer engagement and strategic planning.
- Assist VP and at times lead critical initiatives including transformation, cloud adaptation and support of new programming that are of business importance as required.
- Engage with senior leadership to interpret and integrate cross functional processes and programs.
- 10+ years’ experience in technology management including 5+ years in a technology leadership position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain a high quality bar in all things.
- Excellent Process orientation, time management and goal orientation.
- Good judgement, prioritization and ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality on business matters as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with leadership and colleagues to support business results and to identify and resolve issues.
- Excellent customer focus and awareness of the importance of the customer in a service organization.
- Proven problem solving skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical staff.
- Must have a high level of energy and commitment.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top