HBO Director, Business Affairs
This position provides overall guidance and expertise on business matters pertaining to the creation of promotional content supporting HBO's original and licensed programming.
- Negotiate and work with HBO's legal department to draft agreements related to the production of promotional content supporting HBO's programming including, but not limited to, Master Production Agreements, contracts for design and production elements (including equipment rental, locations, soundstages and on-set productions), talent agreements (including writers, directors, voiceover announcers, on-camera actors and live hosts) and releases for interviewees.
- Provide contract interpretation and guidance on production guidelines, guild requirements and restrictions, fees and spot clearance, regulations and best practices to relevant internal clients and external vendors.
- Provide accurate estimates and calculations for session, overtime and use fees for all actors and announcers appearing in HBO's in-house-produced promos and commercials based on various guild-prescribed media-use formulas.
- Bachelor's degree; law degree a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a legal, business affairs, contract administration, production or other relevant environment, preferably in media/entertainment industry
- Proven negotiation, contract administration and drafting skills
- Solution oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to handle sensitive information with high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Extremely organized – strong attention to detail and follow up
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Ideal candidate will have solid knowledge of SAG-AFTRA regulations and Commercial Code
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top