HBO Director, Analytics & Planning
The Analytics, Planning & Operations (APO) team within Technology Business Management (TBM) at HBO is responsible for budget planning, financial analysis, strategic procurement, vendor relations, vendor payment operations and software/hardware inventory across all of Technology.
We are looking for a strategic Director of Analytics & Planning to support the development, planning and execution of key growth strategies. The Director will report to the Vice President of APO and will interact regularly with the SVP of TBM, and the EVP & Chief Digital Officer at HBO.
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience distilling complex ideas and concepts into a compelling 'story' with actionable conclusions to support decision making. This position will be based at the HBO office in Manhattan.
The Director of Analytics & Planning will contribute strategic insights into major initiatives, support budget/LTP planning and monthly reporting and drive financial analysis. This position will also work closely with Team directors and analysts to ensure APO deliverables provide maximum value to stakeholders.
- Develop collaborative relationships with key business stakeholders in an effort to cultivate a keen understanding of major strategic initiatives across Technology.
- Develop, socialize and implement a strategic planning process for Technology department in concert with department and company leadership.
- Understand and stay current with media/technology trends; Conduct benchmarking analysis comparing HBO to its peers/competition.
- Write reports/briefs outlining major strategic initiatives in the industry, understand HBO's role or involvement and make recommendations for plan of action
- Work directly with Technology leadership to develop well-organized and professional decks on PowerPoint/Keynote for presentations internally and outside HBO
- Present strategic and financial analysis to leadership in a clear, concise and compelling manner, anticipating questions and concerns of stakeholders
- Leverage APO Team resources to produce strategic and financial analysis that help leadership make informed decisions (ROI/NPV analysis, buy vs build justification, business case rationalization)/
- Proactively identify new initiatives and opportunities for the APO Team to act as a valued resource throughout the organization
- Understand the HBO budgeting process; proactively contribute to complex aspects of forecasting/analysis related to major project spend
- Provide thought leadership; Develop streamlined decision making processes/models that can be used to better forecast and control spending across Technology
- Understand and support APO Team operational responsibilities (requisitioning, purchase order generation, invoice matching, etc.) and work closely with APO leadership to identify opportunities for improvement or efficiency
- Partner with the Technology Acquisition & Partnerships (TAP) group to identify areas for collaboration
- Manage ad-hoc requests and contribute to projects as directed by APO/TBM leadership
We are looking for a highly skilled individual who is a team player and self-starter. This person should have solid communication skills and be comfortable frequently presenting to an executive team. The ideal candidate is solutions oriented with the ability to effectively operate high energy & flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- BS/BA degree (finance/business) required; MBA strongly preferred
- 5 years professional experience; Strategy consulting experience strongly preferred
- Advanced PowerPoint/Keynote capabilities is a must, ability to structure & storyboard ideas in a clear and compelling fashion
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical capabilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Excel required.
- Familiarity with financial systems/ tools (Oracle, SAP, or equivalent) and experience with data analytics preferred
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top