HBO Digital Producer
HBO is looking for a Digital and Social Media Producer within the Consumer Marketing department to support both HBO and Cinemax series, documentary and brand campaigns. This position will spearhead the execution of digital content initiatives across all assigned titles, and will be responsible for working with external stakeholders, internal creative development and tech teams to produce high quality sites and exclusive digital content designed to support programming. This Producer role is responsible for ensuring all digital content executions meet the highest quality delivery regardless of medium or platform.
A key position within the Digital Production team, this role reports to Senior Producer, Digital and Social Media. The ideal candidate is a true team player with a proven ability to deliver across numerous digital content projects simultaneously. They are hyper-enthusiastic about ever-evolving digital and social media trends and are can easily identify where HBO content translates perfectly into the digital and social space.
The Producer manages all aspects of digital content production, including implementing strategy; content publishing to HBO.com, Cinemax.com, HBO GO, HBO NOW and MAX GO, scope development, project scheduling and management, status reporting, and stakeholder management. The Producer will manage all factors that govern site/project success to ensure delivery within time, cost and quality parameters.
- Take a lead role in digital content development for multiple series throughout their campaigns; requires strong cross-discipline collaboration with our Editorial and Design teams
- Produce and maintain HBO and Cinemax Original Programming digital experiences, including HBO.com, Cinemax.com, HBO GO, HBO NOW and MAX GO;
- Ability to lead Digital Production process on from-scratch website builds, including project kickoff/ideation, designs, development, QA and launch; requires strong cross-discipline collaboration with our Design and Editorial teams, as well as development and engineering teams
- Produce high quality digital experiences and successfully guide each project by:
- Documenting each stage of development and managing production schedules
- Identifying and mitigating risk
- Obtaining both internal and external approvals, including key HBO key stakeholders such as Legal and Programming
- Leading the discussion to improve content production and promotion based on analytics, social conversations, trends, etc.
- Acquiring site and project-related assets
- Reviewing all deliverables for quality assurance
- Successfully facilitate digital marketing promotions and collaborative efforts with the HBO Digital Marketing team, Program Advertising team, Creative Marketing, Media Relations, and other internal HBO teams
A fluent understanding of web-based digital content best practices and comprehensive ability to project manage content initiatives. Candidate should have firm understanding of the trends powering today’s interactive experiences.
Other requirements as follows:
- 5+ years experience in digital content development for a major media brand or franchise
- Creative thinker with impeccable communication skills and influence-management skills essential; can collaborate effectively and efficiently
- Proven marketing skills in all facets of brand/audience development
- True team player; can quickly prioritize work and approaches role with a positive, solutions-oriented mindset
- Thrives under pressure and can react and pivot quickly when a project requires it
- Established digital/social media background including proven experience driving major brand profiles
- Ability to manage small teams and oversee work appropriately
- Proactive, organized, assertive, efficient, detail-oriented, unassailable focus on the basics, tenacious (persistent about bringing open items to closure), accountable, enthusiastic
- Experience overseeing digital word-of-mouth campaigns and leading content generation efforts
- Ability to balance multiple, competing directions, identify and delegate tasks effectively and manage multiple projects successfully
- A sound knowledge of the web, social media and related technologies. Able to explain it to others, advise on the best approach, develop plans for the completion of projects and execute based on them
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and to deliver to budget
- Some travel and nights/weekend hours required
- Bachelor’s degree required
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Back to top