HBO Coordinator, Media Servicing Operations
This position supports Manager, Media Launch Operations to plan and launch new Home Entertainment EST Retailers, territories and/or workflows. This includes critical technology initiatives that will enable the timely launch of new EST services in addition to strengthening the existing media workflows. Tasks support the day-to-day production fulfillment, primarily bridging the temporary manual release of metadata by running reports, editing .xml or .xls metadata.
- Collaborate with Media Technology teams to expedite technical requests.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders through the launch cycle.
- Facilitate business requirements that align with the media supply chain strategy.
- Ensure security conformance across new and existing workflows.
- Produce and/or edit metadata as needed to support ongoing production efforts.
- Attend weekly meetings to provide status of projects.
- Oversee HBO's inventory of Original Programming for foreign language, ancillary market versions, video standards and technical specs to service foreign territories.
- Deliver pre-air and post-air content to international territories on behalf of the Enterprises group.
- Analyze existing workflows, identify operational inefficiencies to improve service and delivery times for our business partners.
- Collaborate with HBO Home Entertainment in the production of digital content elements for DVD & Blu-ray and work with subtitling, menu, and compression/authoring vendors to resolve technical problems that arise during the process.
- Improve data gathering and reporting capabilities in an effort to identify patterns, analyze trends and determine root causes of asset rejections identified during QC.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a high volume broadcast or cable television environment.
- Must exhibit diplomatic, collaborative problem solving skills in a team driven environment.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Must be decisive, accurate and specific, true to deadlines, helpful in attitude, and resilient in ever-changing timelines.
- Proficient in MS Office: PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Strong presentation, communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills a must.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing several projects at once.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top