HBO Cash & Revenue Operations Analyst
This role reports to the Business Operations Supervisor and is responsible for preparing and compiling financial reports related to HBO/MAX subscription revenue business that are utilized by Senior Management to gauge performance and assist with strategic sales/marketing business decisions.
- Prepare and compile HBO/MAX subscriber/revenue reports utilized by Senior Management and other ad hoc reports as necessary. Reports involve subscriber updates, including variance analyses and commentary regarding significant subscriber fluctuations.
- Develop and update performance schedules and management reporting tools.
- Maintain details of affiliate promotional subscribers and benchmark performance analyses.
- Produce monthly reports analyzing potential sale impacts, and summarize affiliate deal terms and deals in negotiations.
- Assess Pay-TV industry and Distributor market dynamics; perform extensive research on the overall industry, trends, and its impact on HBO; issue periodic summary reports to Management.
- Interaction with HBO Domestic Network Distribution, Financial Operations & Reporting, and Finance & Analysis personnel.
- Participate in the close process, departmental task forces and special projects.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or other quantitative discipline preferred
- 2-3 years related work experience
- Strong knowledge of financial systems and reporting (e.g., Oracle), and MS office skills (strong Excel); Familiarity with accounting principles (e.g., general ledger and SOX requirements),
- Must be a motivated individual with the ability to work well both independently and in teams; handling multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
- Strong work ethic and solid analytical, technical, organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully.
- Detailed oriented but does not lose sight of the macro perspective
- Ability to bring new ideas and ways of improving current processes
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top