HBO Cash & Revenue Operations Account Assistant
This role reports to the Senior Account Analyst, Cash and Revenue Operations (CRO). The position will provide support for HBO's domestic subscription revenue business primarily by analyzing monthly subscriber reports, processing monthly account transactions, and researching subscriber/payment issues on affiliate accounts.
- Analyzing monthly subscriber reports/trends and providing explanations for variances.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate entry of subscriber activity as reported by affiliates into the billing system for distributed HBO and Cinemax services.
- Applying affiliate payments and researching unapplied cash.
- Collection of non-subscriber billing (i.e., guides) and assist in the Dunning process for delinquent reporting and payment.
- Processing of monthly account transactions and researching/resolving on-going account issues (subscriber/retail rate) related to affiliate reporting.
- Prepare, review and reconcile residential and commercial data between the billing system and data received from Media Audits International.
- Frequently communicating with affiliate contacts and CRO staff in order to complete daily responsibilities.
- Supporting Senior Account Analyst and Account Analyst(s) with ad hoc reports, analyses, and audit reconciliations.
- Participating in the close process, departmental task forces, and special projects.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and on-line systems.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as high attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines under pressure situations.
- 1 year related work experience preferred in a customer service and team environment.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top