HBO Awards Coordinator, Media Relations
This position reports to a SVP in the Media Relations department.
- Work with the SVP on the development and production of each year's Emmy box.
- Research, compile and draft synopses and useable critics quotes for the Emmy box.
- Assemble unit photography for each show represented in the box set.
- Work with the HBO publicity team to assemble all headshots required for awards entry and subsequent photo needs for nominations and award ceremony.
- Create a working grid of all eligible programming with full contact info for our consultants to utilize for Emmy entries and outreach to shows.
- Assist the SVP with HBO executive ceremony invitations/rsvps/ticketing/seating for Emmys and all other award ceremonies.
- Assist the SVP with all Awards trade ads congratulating our nominees/winners for SAG, DGA, PGA, ACE, ASC, Peabodys, TV Honors, Humanitas, News and Documentary Emmys, Sports Emmys, Critics Choice, NAACP, GLAAD, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Awards Department on tasks as needed.
- Work as a member of the Media Relations team on all events.
- Previous Awards and entertainment-related experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of current technology is preferred for material orders (QuickTime files, Apple ProRes files, HDCAMs, hard drives, etc.).
- This position requires initiative, quick yet thoughtful problem-solving and follow through.
- Candidate MUST excel at time-management and be able to multi-task with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work long hours and be adept at handling pressure and working under stress.
- Extremely organized, thorough and exceptionally detail-oriented.
- Reliable, self-motivated and able to work independently while being a team player.
- Successfully juggle and meet multiple and contiguous deadlines.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top