HBO Associate Manager, Digital Distribution
This Associate Manager position is part of HBO’s Worldwide Digital Distribution team. This team works with HBO’s digital distribution partners to market and deliver the best entertainment viewing experiences to customers.
This Associate Manager role is responsible for supporting the Digital Distribution Manager with the day-to-day relationship and ongoing marketing activities for HBO NOW, HBO GO, HBO and Cinemax to distributors and digital platforms. As a key member of the team, the Associate Manager liaisons with distributors and partner representatives focused on partner marketing and ongoing partnership management. Assists the flow of marketing communications to the partner from both internal and external stakeholders. Also helps maintain a consistent stream of knowledge and information to all stakeholders while actively supporting and capitalizing on new partner promotional opportunities.
A successful candidate will be imaginative, a problem-solver, resilient in an environment of fast-paced change, and highly collaborative. We are looking for someone who always wants to be part of the solution.
This position works closely with all groups within Global Distribution, Creative Services, Consumer Marketing, Home Entertainment, Advertising, Legal, Finance, Media Relations, and Digital Products to facilitate HBO’s strategic, creative, tactical and legal objectives. In this role you have the opportunity to make a big impact while working with a diverse and dynamic group of professionals.
- Assist Manager of Digital Distribution in all activities related to the day-to-day management and implementation of HBO’s marketing efforts with designated partners such as Apple, Google, Amazon, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation, Samsung, and future partners in an effort to drive HBO NOW, HBO GO and MAX GO awareness, acquisition and retention
- Act as key relationship manager with his/her peers at respective partner.
- Responsible for collaboratively securing added value partner placements, promotional strategy and budget along with Partner Marketing team
- Track contractual marketing and promotional partner obligations
- Assist in updating numerous time sensitive documents implemented to keep track of the partner placements and activities
- Support managing the communications, implementation and strategy of partner-lead campaigns (small and large) and platform launches for HBO NOW
- Responsible for summarizing and analyzing effectiveness of campaign efforts and sharing best practices
- Ensure appropriate strategic execution and compliance of HBO brand guidelines in partner materials
- Proactively stay current and develop a point-of-view on new digital media trends and an evolving landscape
- Manage cross-functional teams to ensure flawless and timely delivery of assets.
- Minimum of 3 years partner management and/or marketing experience with an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, lead cross-functional teams and pay close attention to detail while maintaining focus on the big picture
- Intermediate level understanding of technology and digital distribution platforms
- Entertainment industry and/or digital media experience a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal, organization, time management, and communication skills.
- Proficient skills in presentation/graphic design a must
- Candidates should be resourceful, outgoing and possess ability to interface with colleagues at all levels
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top