HBO Associate Manager, Corporate Affairs
The NY-based Associate Manager for Corporate Affairs will be primarily responsible for working alongside the domestic, traditional and digital distribution teams to develop and manage a program to help build and maintain relationships with key affiliate partners through access to screenings, talent and publicity opportunities.
The Associate Manager will report to the Director of Regional PR and will work with the Media Relations, Regional PR, International PR and Talent Relations teams to meet the needs of affiliate partners with a focus on organizing, managing and executing programming events, talent experiences and press opportunities.
- Developing strategies using PR to build and maintain relationships with distribution partners.
- Acting as primary point of contact for distribution teams to share information, communicate priorities, explore opportunities and facilitate requests.
- Creating/updating calendar of Media Relations, Regional PR and Intl. PR events to distribute to affiliate teams
- Facilitating affiliate access to talent appearances, press opportunities, VIP events, HBO premiere screenings and more.
- Compiling lists from internal teams to secure affiliate coverage
- Strategizing event logistics and talent requirements
- Managing partner inquiries and deliverables
- Creating and sharing run of show documents for talent
- Securing talent travel arrangements
- Processing invoices
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong writing skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate will all levels of management and press contacts
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities in order of importance or timeliness
- 3-5 years experience in public relations
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top