HBO Associate Creative Director
Be sure to include your Reel on your resume.
The Associate Creative Director will provide leadership to a team to deliver high-quality campaign creative and short form content. Reporting directly to the Creative Director of Creative Services, this senior leader will manage a team of producers to ensure creative excellence and the effective management of time and budget. They will be required to edit to the highest level (AVID). The Associate Creative Director will oversee campaign development—strategic and creative—and work closely with all of Consumer Marketing. Must have excellent communications skills to liaise with show runners, talent, Programmers and external agencies.
- Provide leadership to a campaign team to deliver high-quality creative
- Represent the Creative Marketing team at meetings, providing meaningful input to best support a campaign.
- Manage in-house teams to produce short form promotional content (e.g., trailers, TV spots, digital content, etc.) for HBO programming.
- Exhibit exceptional AVID editing skills.
- Edit promotional content in the range of :30 promos, to trailers, to long form.
- Have a firm grasp of on-set etiquette along with strong production knowledge experience.
- Experience in interviewing A-list talent.
- Effectively build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders, as well as talent.
- Read and review scripts to identify content/scenes for the long form and shoot production team to shoot. Must be able to read a one-line.
- Lead and guide the creative work of producers on a variety of projects.
- Work with external agencies to deliver high-level creative.
- Participate in planning and preparing campaign budgets.
- Supervise projects, timelines.
- Manage deadlines and budgets.
- Provide mentoring of junior staff.
- Must be a strategic thinker and creative problem solver, with an ability to influence, ideate and execute groundbreaking ideas and build strong teams focused on passion and creative innovation.
- Adept at presentation and concept pitches.
- Superior writing and production skills.
- Exhibit exceptional AVID editing skills.
- Expert knowledge of creative marketing concepts, development and production with proven ability to manage creative projects from conception through implementation.
- Ability to drive progress, strategically and creatively think in a fast-paced environment
- Good judgment and ability to make sound decisions under tight deadlines. Must have strong managerial/leadership competencies and experience, and proven ability to inspire and nurture individual talents within a collaborative environment.
- Ability to multi-task and delegate creative projects in a fast-paced and ambitious work environment, and to make decisions quickly; creates new and innovative solutions when needed.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, and relationship development skills. Ability to collaborate in a close team atmosphere, and with executives, filmmakers and talent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to deliver clear and concise direction and communicate effectively and tactfully with people at all levels.
- Expert knowledge of production management, post-production, video, writing and producing.
- Participates in planning and preparing production budgets. Shares accountability for those budgets with Creative Director and Vice President.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top