HBO Associate Counsel
Draft, negotiate and provide counsel relating to domestic and international licensing agreements whereby HBO’s original programming, documentaries and films are distributed to licensees in the United States and in foreign markets around the world. This position will report directly to Senior Vice President, Legal Affairs. Also provide counsel relating to deal structure, market strategy and regulatory environments in television markets around the world.
- Responsible for drafting, negotiating, analyzing and participating in all aspects of domestic and international licensing and distribution deals.
- Also responsible for advising on related areas of law including copyright, trademark and patent matters, as well as general business and contractual issues.
- Ideal candidate would have extensive knowledge and experience in the area of television licensing, particularly with respect to license grants, holdbacks, exhibition windows and new media and emerging technologies.
- Strong preference for attorney to be conversant in regulatory and legislative framework of foreign broadcast and media industries.
- Also requires excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong drafting skills and extensive knowledge of copyright, trademark and contract law.
- Must be a team player and able to function well in a corporate environment.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects under pressing time constraints.
- Must exhibit good business and legal judgment.
- BA/BS degree, JD degree, and at least 5 years of prior law firm experience with an emphasis on drafting and negotiating contracts. Strong preference for prior television licensing experience, but not required.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Back to top