HBO Assistant Manager, Contract Management & Reporting
Reporting to Senior Manager, Contract Management & Reporting, the position is responsible for managing all contract administration activities related to HBO Enterprises' international television and subscription video on demand (SVOD) licensing of boxing events. The position is also responsible for managing all aspects of program availability and sales reporting in the non-theatrical market and in specific territories for international television and subscription video on demand (SVOD) licensing.
- Rights Management: Analyze program sales and distribution rights to determine availability for inclusion in various non-theatrical availability reports and international television and subscription video on demand (SVOD) availability reports.
- Account Management: Manage and maintain programming availability reports provided to our distribution partners in the non-theatrical market (educational, institutional, in-transit and in-flight). In addition, manages administration and contract compliance for international television and subscription video on demand (SVOD) output deals in assigned territories.
- Contract administration: In collaboration with legal/business affairs department, prepare and negotiate Short Form boxing licensing contracts and ad-hoc television (includes subscription video on demand (SVOD)). Manages all document processing from deal memo phase through contract execution – including contracts, revisions, amendments, and compliance notices.
- Reports: Manage and maintain television and subscription video on demand (SVOD) programming availability and sales reports.
- Ad-hoc: Provide analysis for reporting and additional projects related to program rights and sales on multiple platforms, as business needs arise.
- College Degree
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have a sense of integrity with regard to the accuracy of their work product. He/she will be expected to acquire a solid understanding of HBO Enterprises' worldwide program sales and distribution business and become highly proficient in using Business Objects reporting application in order to successfully perform the responsibilities outlined above. Candidate must also be flexible and adapt to the ever-changing business needs of the group.
- Three years of experience within a media legal/business affairs department, television or subscription video on demand (SVOD) programming distribution/sales department or comparable setting.
- Strong understanding of programming sales concepts and analysis of programming rights.
- High-level and consistent attention to detail. Strong organizational skills in a "paper" intensive environment.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and data reporting applications.
- Capacity to thrive in a business setting with shifting priorities and time constraints.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top