HBO Accounts Receivable Reporting Analyst
Position reports to Manager, Accounts Receivable, and is responsible for the accounts receivable, invoicing and credit/collections process for HBO’s global TV licensing, preparing the monthly accounts receivable snapshots/metrics and forecasting cash receipts and preparing various account analyses.
Candidate must be customer-service oriented and possess excellent analytical, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Candidate must have the ability to balance competing priorities in a dynamic business environment. Hands on experience with financial systems (Oracle E-Business is preferred) and strong Excel and Word knowledge are also essential.
Invoicing and Collections -
- Run daily invoice reports and monthly account statements for distribution to customers. Prepare account reconciliations and provide other supporting documentation as required on a timely basis for assigned customer accounts.
- Effectively communicate via emails and telephone daily with customers in order to collection outstanding invoices.
- Escalate issues, customer disputes or unresponsive accounts to supervisor(s) while working with the other Finance team members, Legal and HBOe Operations to investigate and resolve issues.
- Meet periodically with the Programming Sales team to discuss and resolve overdue account balances.
- Obtain, maintain and update tax tracking sheets for assigned accounts for US Residency forms and Withholding Tax receipt documentation.
Cash Application Support -
- Provide supporting documentation for all receipts to facilitate timely cash application in Oracle by the team on a daily basis for assigned customer accounts.
- Provide hard copies of applied daily cash receipts to the group’s Executive Assistant to scan on a weekly basis for purposes of providing the support to West Coast Business Affairs.
- Monitor Unapplied Cash Receipts report for assigned accounts, proactively request supporting documentation from customers in order to ensure that the cash is applied within a reasonable timeframe.
- Investigate and work with other department team members to resolve issues relating to cash application (e.g. missing invoices).
Analysis, Reporting and Cash Receipts Forecasting -
- Prepare various weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and analyses highlighting key account issues and other trends (i.e. DSO, AR Turnover, Territory analysis and quarterly bad debt analysis by customer).
- Assist in determining the adequacy of the reserve and make recommendations for adjustments based on current economic and industry conditions.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly Cash Receipts Forecast for assigned accounts to ensure timely and accurate cash flow analysis.
- Act as department resource for reporting needs and assist on ad-hoc and other special assignments as they arise.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2+ years of Accounts Receivable / Credit & Collections / finance or accounting related experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with and create materials intended for all levels of management and outside customers.
- Solid experience with and use of sub-ledger and general ledger financial systems (use of Oracle E-Business Preferred).
- Strong spreadsheet applications experience, primarily Excel is required (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP’s and Macros a plus).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to organize, to work independently, multi-task, be self-motivated and schedule work effectively in order to meet deadlines.
- Entertainment industry experience, preferably in the area of International Television Distribution.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Back to top