Position reports to Senior Accountant and will be responsible for forecasting, reporting and key metrics analysis for HBO Home Entertainment.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual short-term by title P/L and cashflow forecast and related variance analysis.
- Prepare weekly, quarterly, and full year net revenue analysis (including variance to budgets, forecasts and prior year) for all new releases and Series catalog so that management can assess HBOHE’s performance and make appropriate decisions.
- Prepare daily returns reports by territory and weekly point-of-sales reports for new releases by utilizing information provided by various sources (i.e. Oracle, Business Objects, and SAP BW).
- Review and analyze monthly marketing spend and collaborate with the team to identify variances and ensure accurate expense recognition for the monthly close.
- Prepare and evaluate specific deal economics on a by title basis and provide day-to-day support to the HBO Home Entertainment team.
- Position also requires proactive involvement in process improvement (e.g., system processes, internal controls, etc.) as it relates to reporting responsibilities, developing new reports for management and assisting in operational reporting requirements (e.g., various forecasting / reporting tools).
- Become proficient in financial and reporting systems (e.g. Oracle, Smartview, GL Wand, Hyperion, etc.)
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc reconciliations upon request.
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years professional and/or public accounting experience.
- Experience in the entertainment industry a plus.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a high volume, team oriented environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- A strong working knowledge of financial systems and reporting tools required. Experience with Oracle, Hyperion, Smartview and Business Objects a plus.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top