Responsible for operational reporting and analysis for the HBO Home Entertainment segment reporting to the Senior Accountant Distribution Operations and Reporting.
- Reconcile and ingest daily worldwide physical sales, returns, billing adjustments and inventory transactions into HBO's financial systems.
- Reconcile and ingest monthly worldwide digital sales for various partners into HBO's financial systems.
- Prepare monthly sales and inventory reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and related analysis while ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare quarterly intercompany reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing monthly worldwide inventory movement reports.
- Assist in monthly cash receipts reconciliation and application.
- Assist in compiling support for ongoing participation and residual audits.
- Active participation in identifying process improvements in order to optimize efficiencies, improve analyses and provide department and management with effective reports.
- Special projects and ad-hoc reporting as necessary.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional and/or public accounting experience, CPA preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and ability to adapt to various financial reporting systems.
- Experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite.
- Highly motivated and confident self-starter with the ability to work well under time constraints, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Must possess strong work ethic and solid analytical, technical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top