Responsible for the financial reporting and business analysis for HBO International Ventures. Reports to the Senior Accountant of Distribution Operations and Reporting.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting, ensuring all reporting is accurate, timely, in line with company policies best practices and US GAAP. Including but not limited to:
- P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow reporting and related variance analyses against Budget, Forecast, and Prior Year.
- Quarterly and annual External Reporting used in SEC reporting (10Q/10K) by Time Warner Corporate.
- Monthly journal entries completed in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Prepare current year forecasts (P&L, Cash Flow and related variance analyses), including providing timely communication of recent developments to the appropriate HBO contacts, on a monthly basis.
- Act in a consolidations role by compiling and preparing each individual business' P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow statement by coordinating the collection of data from the respective Finance Department of each International Venture.
- Work with the respective Finance Departments of the International Venture to review Management Financial Statements and analyze P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flows activity.
- Provide day-to-day financial support to the various financial contacts (Financial Operations & Reporting, Finance & Analysis, International Operations, etc.)
- Provide financial support to HBO's International Operations Department and collaborate with various other support functions from Finance, Tax, Treasury and Legal. Build, foster, and maintain strong working relationships with various HBO contacts and across Time Warner.
- Assist with the completion of internal and external audit requests. Support the HBO NY Finance and Audit Committee Representatives for each respective International Venture in reviewing annual Budgets, Forecasts, monthly financial results, and all Internal Audit documents.
- Keep abreast of the international pay TV markets and the economic, political and financial conditions of various territories which could impact HBO's International Ventures.
- Proactively identify and implement internal process improvements in order to optimize efficiencies, improve the quality of analysis, and develop new reports for Senior Management.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA preferred, with combined minimum of 2 years of professional and/or public accounting experience.
- Previous experience with Consolidation accounting and International businesses is preferred.
- Highly motivated and confident self-starter, with the ability to work well under time constraints, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Must possess strong work ethic and solid analytical, technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively, authoritatively, and tactfully with persons on all levels.
- Individual must provide macro perspective while also maintaining a strong detail orientation.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and ability to adapt to various financial reporting systems (Oracle and Hyperion a plus).
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top